vRealize Operations for Published Applications Broker Agent 6.2 and 6.2.1 can be upgraded to vRealize Operations for Published Applications Broker Agent 6.3.
Install the vRealize Operations for Published Applications solution, add your license key, and create an instance of the vRealize Operations for Published Applications adapter.
Verify that you downloaded the Broker Agent installation file.
- Using a domain account that is part of the local administrators group, log in to the XD Controller where you plan to install the Broker Agent.
- Copy the VMware-v4pabrokeragent-x86_64-6.3-buildnumber.exe file to a temporary folder on the XD Controller.
- In the temporary folder, double-click the EXE file to start the Broker Agent setup wizard.
- Accept the EULA and click Next.
- Select the Launch the vRealize Operations for Published Applications Broker Agent configuration utility check box for the Broker Agent Configuration wizard to open immediately after the Broker Agent is installed .
- Click Install to begin the upgrade.
- When the installation finishes, click Finish to exit the Broker Agent setup wizard.
During this process, the earlier version of Broker Agent service is stopped, its configuration is preserved, Broker Agent is uninstalled, and the new version of Broker Agent is installed.
- When the configuration utility opens, enter the vRealize Operations Manager IP address and the pairing credentials, and pair them on the first screen of the wizard. Subsequent screen have the data such as Controller Credentials populated from the previous installation .
- On the Configure The Broker Agent Service page of the wizard, restart the Broker Agent service and click Next.
In case of upgrade, the Broker Agent service is not started automatically.
- Click Finish.