If you change the default port for an RMI service, you must open the new port on the vRealize Operations Manager firewall.
About this task
If the vRealize Operations for Published Applications adapter is running on a remote collector, see the documentation for the firewall on the remote collector node for information about updating the firewall.
- On the cluster node where the vRealize Operations for Published Applications adapter is running, use a text editor to open the vmware-vcops-firewall.conf file.
The vmware-vcops-firewall.conf file is in the /opt/vmware/etc/ directory.
- Update the appropriate ports in the vmware-vcops-firewall.conf file and save the file.
- Restart the firewall service to make your changes take effect.
- Execute service vmware-vcops-firewall restart.
- On windows, Access Windows Firewall and select Windows Firewall > Advanced Settings > Inbound Rules > New Rule > Port and click Next. Select Specific local ports and type the ports that you are using, for example, 3095-3098. The default ports are 3095-3098.