You can add an existing VMware Identity Manager or deploy new VMware Identity Manager through vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
In vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, you can provide a suite administrator (in AD Settings) at the time of configuring VMware Identity Manager with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. vRealize Suite products deployed after this configuration can be accessed with the suite administrator credentials with one time authentication.
Deployment of an identity manager through vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is through a single node with an Internal PostgreSQL database embedded in the appliance and does not support an external database like Microsoft SQL. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager does not perform cluster-based installations of VMware Identity Manager.
Verify that you have an existing VMware Identity Manager version 2.9.2, 3.2.0, 126.96.36.199, 3.3.0 as vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager supports only these versions.
- Click Settings and navigate to .
- You can either select Add an Existing Identity Manager or Install a New Identity Manager.
When you register an existing identity manager to update, a duplicate catalog entry is created.
- If you want to add an existing identity manager then, enter the Host Name, User Name, Password and click Add.
- To replace certificate, click Replace Certificate.
- If you do not want to use the identity manager, then click Unregister. If you unregister, the associated roles and active directories from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager are also deleted. Therefore, read the warning message and then click Delete.
- Click Upgrade and select the required Repository Type.
Option Description VMware Repository You can provide a online source. Repository URL You can provide an upgrade link. vRSLCM Repository You can upload a upgraded file and map them locally in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Select the version to which you want to upgrade the identity manager.
- Enter the SSH Password, vIDM Root Password and click Next.
- Click Run Precheck and click Upgrade.
- If you have selected to install a new existing identity manager.
- Select an existing data center or click + to add a data center.
- Select Identity Manager version from the drop-down menu.
- Click Install.
- Under Access Control, after configuring VMware Identity Manager, click Add User/Group to add existing Active Directory users and assign roles to manage vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
User Roles Permissions LCM Admin:vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager administrator The user has full admin rights. LCM Cloud Admin: Cloud administrator for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager The user has admin rights without Settings page. Release Manager The user can review and approve the request related to Content Management. The user can release the content to Production. Content Developer A Content developer has the permission to create all the content in the product.
- To remove an existing user from the list of users, click Remove User.
With 1.3 onwards, when you remove a user, it means that you are removing the role mapping for that selected user. Therefore, the user is not available from the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager access control.
What to do next
You can view the installation progress for a new VMware Identity Manager on the Requests tab. When the request shows a status as COMPLETED, vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is registered to VMware Identity Manager.