This section provides guidance on the use of a vSphere Storage APIs - Data Protection (VADP) solution for performing backup and restore of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. You can back up vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager by using vSphere Data Protection by creating a backup schedule and retention policies. You are not required to delete any snapshots, however, be aware that vSphere Data Protection deletes all existing snapshots at the time of backup.
Verify that vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager VM is powered on and accessible while the backup is taking place.
Deploy and configure the vSphere Data Protection appliance. For more information on vSphere Data protection, see vSphere Data Protection Administration Guide.
- In the left pane of the VMware vSphere Web Client, select vSphere Data Protection.
- Select the pre-configured vSphere Data Protection appliance and click Connect.
- On the Getting Started tab, select Create Backup Job.
- Select the Guest Images and click Next.
- Select the Full Images and click Next.
- Under the Inventory Tree, select vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager VM to back up, and click Next.
- Set a schedule for the backup job, and click Next.
- Specify a retention policy for the backup job, and click Next.
- Enter a name for the backup job, and click Next.
- Review the summary information for the backup job and click Finish.
- The newly created backup job is listed under the Backup tab. The backup runs automatically according to the schedule you configured.
- (Optional) To run the backup job manually at a later time.
- On the Backup tab, select the Backup Job.
- Click Backup Now, and select Backup all Sources.
- (Optional)On the Reports tab, select Job Details to verify that the backup job was completed.