You can configure the infrastructure details when you create an environment.
If the selected data center does not have a vCenter Server associated with it, then you must add a vCenter Server.
- Select a vCenter Server from the drop-down menu.
There should be at least one vCenter Server associated with a data center.
- Select the required Cluster, DataStore, and Disk Format.
vRealize Operations Manager deployment fails when you provide incorrect infrastructure details such as Wrong DNS or Gateway details without running a pre-check while you create an environment flow. When the deployment fails, you might not see the correct cause of deployment failure using the error or code message that appears in vRealize Suite LifeCycle Manager UI, and you might not be able to proceed further with that deployment. As a result, you might have to delete the Environment Card from vRealize Suite LifeCycle Manager with all the Products or Nodes that were deployed as part of that environment. You can run Pre-check so that Infrastructure-related issues are detected and can be corrected before triggering the deployment.
- Select the required Time sync mode:
Use Time Server (NTP)
When you select the NTP Server option, you have to select the assigned time server from the NTP list. If a NTP server is not added, then to add one, click Global Settings. You are then directed to the Settings page to add an NTP server. For more information, see Configure NTP Servers.
Use Host Time
When you select the Host time, then the environment proceeds with the system time.
- After you have added NTP servers, you can click Select Servers to add an NTP at an Infrastructure level.
- Select the NTP servers from the list and you can reorder the NTP servers based on the precedence by clicking the arrows.
When you select a vRealize Suite product, you can configure using these Time servers for the selected component.
- Click Finish.
- To configure the Network details, click Next.