To add a source control server to the system, add a source control server endpoint.
Verify that you have a GitLab instance (GitLab Community Edition/Enterprise Editions version 10.5.6+) and is supported for this version of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
Log in to GitLab and generate an access token for your user with all scopes enabled. Copy and save this one-time token from GitLab.
Log in to GitLab and verify you have group, project and branch created in GitLab before adding it as a source control endpoint.
- Under Content Management, click Content Settings.
- On the Source Control Access tab, click ADD SOURCE CONTROL SERVER.
- Select the Source Control Type.
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager uses https scheme for any gitlab APIs by default. If you have not enabled https on the gitlab instance, then you need to specify http://<ip address> in the source control server under the content settings page to change the scheme.
- When you create source control endpoint, the repository needs to be specified in <GroupName>/<ProjectName> form.
- Enter the IP address or fully qualified domain name of the server, and click SUBMIT.
- Click the pencil icon for the source control server.
- Enter your GitLab access token in the ACCESS KEY field, and click SUBMIT.