You can trigger a pre-validation check from the product UI before upgrading an existing product within an environment. You can evaluate product upgrades and allow upgrade operation later. You can also validate the product compatibility matrix should be validated.
For more information on upgrade vRealize Suite products, see Upgrade a vRealize Suite Product.
Verify that you already have an existing vRealize Suite product in your environment.
- Right click the vertical ellipses of an existing vRealize Suite product and select an upgrade.
The compatibility matrix information is loaded with new, compatible and incompatible versions with product that needs to be upgraded.
- Under the Product details section, you can select the following repository type.
When you select this option, the latest versions of the vRealize Suite products are displayed in the Compatibility Matrix table. You can see this option only on vRealize Automation and vRealize Business for Cloud. Although, the compatibility matrix information is populated at the Suite product level, there can be a possibility for that latest versions might not be available at vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. However, with the Check Available Version, you can get only the latest version number with the associated build number.
When you select this option, you can manually add the local upgrade file location in LCM virtual appliance.
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Repository
When you select this option, you can select the upgrade path available after mapping the binaries through LCM.Note:
Only vRealize Operations Manager upgrade consists of the Run Assessment feature. The run assessment checks for the vRealize Operations Manager upgrade readiness. It is not mandatory for the Run assessment to be passed, you can still go ahead with the upgrade. The compatibility matrix information is populated as per the selected version of the vRealize Operations Manager under the Product Version drop-down menu.
- Click Next and click Run Pre-check.
Once the precheck validation is completed, you can then download the report to view the checks and validation status.Note:
If you want to run the Precheck again after evaluating the discrepancies, you can select the Re-Run Pre Check. Pre-Check can also be performed using on Submit toggle button.
- Click Next and click Submit.
- If an vRealize Automation IaaS components upgrade fails
- Revert all the Infrastructure components back to the snapshot "post-upgrade VA snapshot".
- Revert the MS SQL database back to the pre-upgraded state.
- Click Retry from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager and set Upgrade Iaas Using Cli to True.
- Click Submit.