vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.3 supports Log Insight agent. You can configure to analyze them to understand the performance of the appliance. You can configure vRealize Log Insight Linux agents in the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance.
You can configure vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager appliance to forward cfapi or system logs and events to the vRealize Log Insight instance. All cfapi or syslog information can then be viewed and analyzed from the vRealize Log Insight Web interface.
vRealize Log Insight agent comes pre-installed on the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance.
- Log into the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vRSLCMIP/vrlcm and login with your user credentials.
- From the Home page, click .
- Update the following parameters in the LCM UI section and save your changes.
[server] hostname=vrli-cluster-01.sfo01.rainpole.local proto=cfapi port=9000
hostname=vRealize Log Insight hostname proto=syslog port=514Note:
Edit the liagent.ini file on the first vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance if the user wants to change the protocol. Restart the Log Insight agent by running the following command:
- Configure the Linux Agent Group on the Log Insight server.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vRealize Log Insight hostname/IP.
- Log in using the following credentials.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
- Under Management, click Agents.
- From the drop-down menu on the top, select vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager - Linux from the Available Templates section.
- Click Copy Template.