You can restore the backed up data for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager by using vSphere Data Protection.
Deploy and configure the vSphere Data Protection appliance. See the vSphere Data Protection Administration Guide for more information.
Access the vSphere Web Client to log in as an administrator to the vCenter Server instance that manages your environment.
In the Web Client verify that the virtual machines have the latest VMware Tools installed.
- In the left pane of the vSphere Web Client, select vSphere Data Protection.
- Select the pre-configured vSphere Data Protection appliance, and click Connect.
- Click the Restore tab.
- Select the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual machine listed.
All performed backups for this virtual machine are displayed.
- Select the backup from which you want to restore components.
- Double-click the backup job, and select the components that you want to restore.
- Click Restore to start the Restore backup wizard.
- On the Select Backup page, verify that the backup is correct and click Next.
- On the Set Restore Options page, select the Restore to original location, and click Next.
If you deselect the Restore to original location check box, you can select a different destination for the restore. You might have to specify options such as the host name, network, datastore, and folder.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the summary information for the restore request, and click Finish.
- To verify that the restore operation is successful, power on the virtual machine and check that all vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager services are running.