A source control endpoint represents a project (repository) and branch in GitLab.
You can have any number of source control repositories and branches added to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. Adding a source control branch allows you to check in and check out SDDC content.
Verify that a vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager administrator has added a system source control server under Content Settings.
Verify that a developer has applied their GitLab access token to the source control server so that they can check in and check out content.
- Under Content Management, click Endpoints.
- Click NEW ENDPOINT.
- Select Source Control.
- Enter the information for the Source Control content endpoint.
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for the endpoint.
- Select a server to use for the content endpoint from the Source Control Server drop-down menu.
- Enter the branch and repository name to use for the content endpoint in the following format:
- Click Next.
- Select the appropriate policies for this content endpoint, and click Next.
Enable code review
Allows a manual review between developers. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager content lifecycle management creates a branch with the changes that require a code review. A code reviewer can accept or reject the merge request into the branch.
- Verify that the content endpoint details are correct, and click Submit.