You can create this directory type when you plan to connect to a multi-domain Active Directory environment. The connector binds to Active Directory using Integrated Windows Authentication.
Verify that you have the required user credentials to add a directory.
- Click ADD ACTIVE DIRECTORY and provide active directory details.
- Enter the Active Directory Domain Name, Domain Name, Domain Admin Username and Domain Admin Password.
- Enter the Bind Username and Bind Password.
- Enter the Domains, User DNs, and Group DNs.
- Select the Sync Nested Group Members option and enter the Suite Administrators.
Suite administrators are a user name in the Active Directory who acts as an Admin user for the deployed suite products, Logs, and AD table.
- Click Submit.
Note: The user attributes associated with the AD are fetched from the vIDM. The default mandatory attributes for users to be synced are User Name, Email, First Name, and Last Name. To edit the attributes in vIDM, see KB article 55737.
- To edit, click the Edit icon on the specific active directory in the list of active directories. Any information added, gets appended to the configuration on vIDM. However, any removals via editing only removes the configuration from the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager inventory and not from the vIDM.
- To delete, click the Delete icon on the specific active directory in the list of active directories. The delete action deletes the active directory only from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager inventory and not from VMware Identity Manager.
Note: If integrating with an existing VMware Identity Manager instance that already has an Active Directory configuration, the "Active Directory Name" field when adding to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager must exactly match the existing directory name in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. Otherwise, the operation fails with an error LCMVIDM70015: AD with same domain is already configured in vIDM.