To monitor the status of a vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager request, you provide a request ID.
Satisfy the following conditions before performing the tasks for this use case.
- Use POST /lcm/api/v1/login to log in to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- Verify that you have a valid authentication token that matches your login credentials. See Request an Authentication Token.
- Verify that you have obtained the request ID from a response to create an environment, add a product, add a node, or upgrade your product.
- Get the status of a request with a request ID.
curl -X GET "https://LCM-HostName/lcm/api/v1/request/status/<Request-ID>" -H "accept: application/json" -H "x-xenon-auth-token: $token"
- Examine the response for the status request.
The output of the request includes:
- id = Request ID
- type = Request Type
- state = Request State
- status = Request Status
- isRetriable = shows where the request is retriable in case of any failures.
- retryParameters = provides the retry parameters in case the retry is possible by modifying the input parameters.