With Directory Management, you can integrate your enterprise directory with VMware Identity Manager to sync users and groups to the VMware Identity Manager service. Starting from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0, you can create, read, update, and delete directories on VMware Identity Manager. Any updates made in the directory configuration from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0, the same are reflected in the VMware Identity Manager.
- Directories - You can create and manage Active Directories on vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. You can create one or more directories and sync them with their enterprise directories. With view directory, you can check sync logs and sync alerts apart from showing basic directory metadata. The directory edit allows an update for the mapped attributes, user, and group DNs. You can delete a directory configuration from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- User Attribute Definitions - The user attributes lists the default user attributes that sync in the directory and you can add other attributes that you can map to Active Directory attributes.
- Active Directory over LDAP - If you plan to connect to a single Active Directory domain environment create this directory type
- Active Directory, Integrated Windows Authentication - Create this directory type if you plan to connect to a multi-domain or multi-forest Active Directory environment.
- Secure LDAP
- Create a directory of the same type as your enterprise directory and specify the connection details.
- Map the VMware Identity Manager attributes to attributes used in your Active Directory or LDAP directory.
- Specify the users and groups to sync.
- Sync users and groups.
After you integrate your enterprise directory and perform the initial sync, you can update the configuration and resync at any time.