vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0 content management allows the bulk release of content spanning different types where vSphere, vRealize Operations Manager, and vRealize Automation are deployed in one request. It provides an advanced filter option on the content type that is established from a specific content endpoint.
Multi contents are selected as part of a multi release request. Failure to deploy one of the selected contents, will not roll back deployed contents which are part of that request.
- On the My Services Dashboard, click Content Management.
- Under Content, select .
- Expand the Filter Applied tree.
- Under the Content Filter section, you can filter by a single tag or multiple tags, Type, Endpoint, and Policy to get to a subset of the content you want to view and deploy.
Filter Type Description Content Filters This section lists the content filters.
- Production Ready
- Development Content
- Source Controlled
- Dependencies Captured
Content Types This section lists the Content category based on the content type. Content Endpoints This section lists all the associated Content Endpoints.
- After you select a content filter, you can add a tag and then click Apply.
A tag is associated when a content is created. A tag-based filter is useful when you want to search. However, you can still add the tag even after creating content. You can also manage bulk tags for all content and older versions.
- To save your filters, click Save.
Developers can only view their filters and release managers can view all other RM filters. The saved filters can be edited or deleted.After you set the content filters, the default content view changes to Content Version. When you provide a filter, you can locate a specific version of the content, for example, Production Ready Content with a specific tag and of a specific set of content types. For example, display only vSphere templates, vRealize Operations Manager dashboards and vRealize Automation Blueprints.
- To deploy the content to a release endpoint, follow the wizard.
- Click Actions and select Checkin.
Note: With Lifecycle Manager 8, you can now check-in multiple content after filtering and selecting contents. When you are performing a multi-capture, test and release, verify that all the capture is successful because if one of the content capture fails, the entire content pipeline is marked as failed. Based on multi-capture pipeline failure, you cannot move to the next step of testing and releasing a pipeline.
- To check in multiple content.
- Select an Endpoint repository.
- if you want to capture all the dependencies, select Include all Dependencies and merge the vRO package, if required.
- Click Check-in.
- Select an appropriate endpoint to each type of content appears.
Note: Orchestrator endpoints are assumed by their parent automation instance. If there are standalone Orchestrator endpoints configured, then you can also deploy them.