Once VMware Identity Manager is clustered through , a scheduled health check is registered. This scheduled check runs every hour and might pop-up a notification on the overall postgres cluster health status.
- vIDM nodes reachability from vRSLCM.
- DelegateIP assignment to any of the cluster nodes.
- Postgres primary node existence.
- Postgres nodes having replication delay.
- Postgres nodes being marked as down in the cluster.
- Pgpool master node existence.
- Pgpool running on all nodes.
All the above checks are captured and appropriate description messages are displayed in the notification that pops-ups with a message like vIDM postgres cluster health status is critical. For more information on the steps, see the KB article 75080.
If all the checks are validated, vRSLCM gives a notification with a message as vIDM postgres cluster health status is ok that provides a healthy cluster status.