You can create a private cloud environment using a product configuration file.
Know more about Private Cloud, before you configure your environment. When you are creating an environment using a JSON spec or API, for all the password fields, if the Locker ID of the password is used, you need to make sure that this password is the one generated using locker.To do this, navigate to , copy the Password ID and use in the spec.For plain text password no action is required.
- Configure OVA settings for the products to install. See Configure Product Binaries.
- Ensure that you have added a vCenter to the data center with valid credentials and the request has completed.
- In the configuration file, change encoded:true to encoded:false, and ensure that all passwords in the configuration file appear in plain text.
- Log in to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager as administrator and click Create Environment.
- From Data Center, select an existing data center for this environment, or click + to add a data center to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
For information on adding a data center, see Add a Data Center to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- (Optional) Select Join the VMware Customer Experience Program to join CEIP for this environment.
This product participates in the VMware Customer Experience Program (CEIP). Details regarding the data collected through CEIP and the purposes for which it is used by VMware are set forth at the Trust & Assurance Center at http://www.vmware.com/trustvmware/ceip.html.
- Click Use Configuration file toggle feature.
- Paste the text of the product configuration JSON file into the Product Config JSON text box, and click Next.
You can download the configuration file from the summary page to create a JSON file for the product or the solution with the latest inputs that were provided while configuring the environment.The create installation wizard is launched and the JSON data is populated. You can validate the data before you click submit. For more information on getting sample JSON file, see KB article 2151908.Note: If the JSON file contains encrypted passwords, then you have to convert them to plain text and set the paramater encoded to false in the JSON file.
What to do next
To monitor product installation progress, click the Home button. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager displays installation progress for the environment under Recent Requests and on the Requests tab.