vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0.0 and later supports vRealize Log Insight for log analysis. The content pack in vRealize Log Insight for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is supported with version 8.0.1(Patch 1) and later. vRealize Log Insight agent is pre-installed on the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance. You can configure the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager appliance to forward cfapi or system logs, and events to the vRealize Log Insight instance. To use the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager content pack dashboards and widgets, the configuration should be done on cfapi only.
Verify that you already have the vRealize Log Insight server details before you set the properties of the Log Insight agent.
- Log into the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vRSLCMIP/vrlcm and log in with your user credentials.
- Click to Lifecycle Operations and from the Home page, click .
- Update the following parameters in the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager UI section and save your changes.
[server] hostname= vRealize Log Insight hostname proto=cfapi port=9000 SSL=no
hostname=vRealize Log Insight hostname proto=cfapi port=9543 SSL=yes
hostname=vRealize Log Insight hostname proto=syslog port=514 Certificates Acceptance Rule Accept Any and Accept Any Trusted
- Configure the Linux Agent Group on the Log Insight Administration UI .
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vRealize Log Insight hostname/IP.
- Log in with the credentials - Setting Value User name as admin and Password as vrli_admin_password.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
Note: The content pack is not pre-installed in vRealize Log Insight. You must install the pack by downloading it from the marketplace and then configure the agents.
- Under Management, click Agents.
- From the drop-down menu on the top, select vRealize Lifecycle Management 8.0.1 from the Available Templates section.
- Click Copy Template.
- After copying the template provide vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Ipv4 or FQDN, and save the configuration.
- Once the configuration is complete, the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager events or logs start to flow in vRealize Log Insight and the relevant widgets displays the data.