You can add components to your product to configure a multi node setup to form a cluster.
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager does not allow you to add a component of a product until the certificate mapping for that product is created in the locker.
To map the certificate for the product in the locker, import the product certificate in the locker and trigger the inventory sync for that product. This will create a reference for that product with the certificate in the locker. This is applicable in case of import scenario.
- On the environment card, select a product, click the vertical ellipses, and select Add Component.
For an imported environment, manually enter the text boxes for the selected product.
- Under the Infra details, select the required vCenter Server, Cluster, Network, Datastore, and Disk Format from the drop-down menus.
- Select the Applicable Time Sync mode and click Next.
- Under the Network details, if the environment is a newly created, then the text boxes are auto-populated. If the environment is imported, you have to manually enter the text boxes.
- Click Next.
- Select the Applicable Time Sync Mode and under the components section, select the node.
The advanced setting provides more information on configuring the selected node in a cluster. For an imported environment in 2.0 where a product is scaled out, ensure that the provided certificate is master-node certificate, as the pre-check matches the master node certificate. For environments from older vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager versions, you can add the older certificate during a scale-out by clicking Add button. This populates the older certificate data from the environment's Infrastructure properties.
, select the required text boxes. The field in this section varies for different products.
Product Name Components vRealize Automation
vRealize Operations Manager
- Remote Collector
vRealize Business for Cloud VRB-Collector vRealize Log Insight VRLI-Worker vRealize Network Insight
- Enter the required text boxes and click Next, and run Precheck.
- Read the summary and click Submit.