You can install a new instance of VMware Identity Manager or import an existing instance when you are configuring the vRealize Easy Installer.
Verify that you have a static IP address before you begin your configuration.
- To install a new instance, select Install new vIDM.
- Enter the required text boxes under Virtual Machine Name, IP Address, Hostname, and Default Configuration Admin.
The vRealize Easy Installer creates the Default Configuration Admin user as a local user in VMware Identity Manager and the same user is used to integrate products with VMware Identity Manager. The easy installer allows only VMware Identity Manager 3.3.1. Ensure that VMware Identity Manager is upgraded to 3.3.1 before performing an install or import through the installer.
- To import an existing instance, select Import Existing vIDM.
Note: VMware Identity Manager will not be in the form factor if the scenarios are one of the following:
- Enter the Hostname, Admin Password, System Admin Password, SSH User Password, Root Password, Default Configuration Admin, and Default Configuration Password.
- Select the Sync group members to the Directory when user want to sync group member while adding a group for the global configuration of VMware Identity Manager.
Note: If the VMware Identity Manager version is less than 3.3.1 and if the conditions are met:
- If it is a single node with version 3.3.1 and has external postgres or sql server.
- VMware Identity Manager 3.3.1 cluster with an external MSSQL database.
- Single/Cluster setup having external Database (Postgres/sqlserver)
- Consists of windows/external connectors
Upgrade support from older VMware Identity Manager to latest is only available if they conform to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager supported form-factor. Else you can upgrade outside vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. Once upgraded, it can any-time be reimported by triggering Inventory Sync in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0.
- Click Next.
If you cannot deploy vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager VMware Identity Manager or vRealize Automation in VMC vCenter Server using vRealize Easy Installer, then use the vCenter Server that has an administrator privilege to deploy products.