You are required to first define the vCenter Server details, resource location to deploy your appliance, specify resources and then access vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
Verify that you have the configuration details:
- vCenter Server details
- Network details of vRealize Automation and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager
- Lifecycle VA deployment details
- VMware Identity Manager greenfield or brownfield deployment
- Click Install on the vRealize Easy Installer window.
- Click Next after reading the introduction.
- Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
- Read the Customer Experience Improvement Program and select the checkbox to join the program.
- To specify vCenter Server details.
- Enter the vCenter Server Hostname.
- Enter the HTTPs Port number.
- Enter the vCenter Server Username, and Password.
- Click Next and you are prompted with a Certificate Warning, click Yes to proceed.
- You must specify a location to deploy virtual appliances.
- Expand the vCenter Server tree.
- Expand to any data center and map your deployment to a specific VM folder.
- Specify a resource cluster
- Expand the data center tree to an appropriate resource location and click Next.
- Store your deployment, allocate a datastore and click Next.
- Set up Network and Password configuration, enter the required fields, and click Next.
The network configurations provided for all products are a one time entry for your configuration settings. The password provided is also common for all products and you need not enter the password again while you are installing the products.
- Enter the NTP Server for the appliance and click Next.
- Set up vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager configuration settings,
With easy installer, you either import an existing VMware Identity Manager into vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager or a new instance of VMware Identity Manager can be deployed. For new VMware Identity Manager installation through easy installer only VMware Identity Manager 3.3.1 is allowed. This is a mandatory step for a vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager deployment.
- Enter a Virtual Machine Name, IP Address, and Hostname.
- Click Next.
vRealize Automation installation is optional vRealize Automation can be deployed in a standard or a cluster mode. Standard supports a single node vRealize Automation and cluster mode supports 3 node vRealize Automation installation.
- Review the summary page that contains the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, VMware Identity Manager, and vRealize Automation installation details.
What to do next
You can now start installing VMware Identity Manager.