You can increase the HA option in VMware Identity Manager by having one or three nodes to manage VMware Identity Manager.
- Ensure take snapshots of VMware Identity Manager nodes before you perform scale-out operations. vIDM cluster is always 3 node including existing node.
- Verify that there is a certificate already added in the Locker and also perform the replace certificate on the standalone vIDM node. The certificate should also have SAN entries of all the three nodes or wild card certificate.
For VMware Identity Manager cluster and replace certificate actions, ensure to take snapshot of the vIDM nodes.
- Navigate to Environments, on the enviroment page, click Add Component .
- Enter the Infrastructure details and click Next.
- Enter the Network details and click Next.
- On the Product Properties, the certificate details are auto-populated.
- On the components section, click Secondary for the scale-out.
- Enter the load balancer Host name.
- Enter the delegate IP address
Note: The delegate IP address is used internally as a proxy to postgres master and it should be a free or a available IP address. This is not same as the one used to load-balance the application.
- To Add windows connector to an existing vIDM, on the Components, select Windows Connector.
- Add Windows VM name as in vCenter, Host Name, User name and Password.
- Provide the user defined windows connector name.
- Click and run the pre-check.
- Click Submit.