You can map a user Role against both users and groups present in VMware Identity Manager. On the User Management page the user or a group can be selected and a mapping can be edited. You can delete a role mapping, if required. If a group is assigned a role and if you are part of the group and you log in to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, you can take the same roles that that group. If you have individual mapping, then it would be consolidation of user role and the roles assigned towards the group.
- Click Identity and Tenant Management on the My Services dashboard.
- On the left side navigate and click User Management.
- To add a user or a group, click +ADD USER/GROUP.
- To select a user from the populated list in the table, enter an existing user or a group and click Next.
If a user or a group already has a mapping then a warning appears and you are then asked to edit the role mapping rather create again.
- Select a role for the newly created user and click Next.
- Read the summary and click Submit.