Once VMware Identity Manager is clustered through, a scheduled health check is registered. This scheduled check runs every hour and might pop-up a notification on the overall postgres cluster health status.
- VMware Identity Manager nodes reachability from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- DelegateIP assignment to any of the cluster nodes.
- Postgres primary node existence.
- Postgres nodes having replication delay.
- Postgres nodes being marked as down in the cluster.
- Pgpool primary node existence.
- Pgpool running on all nodes.
All the above checks are captured and appropriate description messages are displayed in the notification that pops-ups with a message like vIDM postgres cluster health status is critical. For more information on the steps, see the KB article 75080.
If all the checks are validated, vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager gives a notification with a message as vIDM postgres cluster health status is ok that provides a healthy cluster status. On a Day-2 operation, you can also click the Trigger Cluster Health on the Global Environment for VMware Identity Manager in addition to scheduling the health check on an hourly basis. For more information on trigger cluster health, see Day 2 Operations for Global Environment in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.