You can use the installation wizard to import an existing private cloud environment for a vRealize Suite product.
- Verify that you have an existing vRealize Suite instance.
- Verify that you have an existing datacenter.
- Verify that you have created or imported a certificate.
Note: Certificate is not required for importing an existing environment, however, it is required when you select both import and new install in one flow while creating an environment.
- Log in to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager as an LCM Admin or LCM Cloud Admin and click Create Environment.
- After entering the environment data fields, under each of the required vRealize Suite product, select Import and click the required vRealize Suite product checkbox on the top of the suite product name.
- Click Next.
- In the launched Install wizard, under Products Details page, update the details and select all the vCenters where all product components are installed.
If you select a combination of import and install for two or more products while creating an environment, then enter the details as a new Install of product. If you are opting for an organic growth by adding another product after creating an Environment with New Install or combination of Import and New Install, then the details in Install wizard is already pre-populated. You can go ahead and click Next. If you are opting for an organic growth by adding another product after creating an Environment with Import only, then the details in Install Wizard are not be pre-populated. As you have never provided those details while creating the environment.
After you import a product for a scale out, you need to add a certificate. To manage a certificate you need to add the certificate from the settings tab and then import during scale out.
- Read the summary and click Submit.