You can create a private cloud environment using a product configuration file.
Know more about Private Cloud, before you configure your environment.
When you are creating an environment using a JSON spec, if the Locker ID for the passwords is used, you must make sure to use respective locker ID from the current vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. Navigate to and copy the Password ID, and use in the spec. There is no action required for a plain text password.
While using JSON spec, ensure to update all the parameters under each node's advanced settings as required. If you do notupdate, then it takes the original values from the JSON spec.
- Configure OVA settings for the products to install. See Configure Product Binaries.
- Ensure that you have added a vCenter to the data center with valid credentials and the request has completed.
- Log in to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager as administrator and click Create Environment.
- From Data Center, select an existing data center for this environment, or click + to add a data center to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
For information on adding a data center, see Add a Data Center to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- (Optional) Select Join the VMware Customer Experience Program to join CEIP for this environment.
This product participates in the VMware Customer Experience Program (CEIP). Details regarding the data collected through CEIP and the purposes for which it is used by VMware are set forth at the Trust & Assurance Center at http://www.vmware.com/trustvmware/ceip.html.
- Click the Use Configuration file toggle feature.
- Paste the text of the product configuration JSON file into the Product Config JSON text box, and click Next.
You can download the configuration file from the summary page to create a JSON file for the product or the solution with the latest inputs that were provided while configuring the environment.The create installation wizard is launched and the JSON data is populated. You can validate the data before you click submit. For more information on getting a sample JSON file, see KB article 75255.
What to do next
To monitor product installation progress, click the Home button. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager displays installation progress for the environment under Recent Requests and on the Requests tab.