vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0.0 and later supports vRealize Log Insight for log analysis. The content pack in vRealize Log Insight for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is supported with version 8.0.1(Patch 1) and later. vRealize Log Insight agent is pre-installed on the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance. You can configure the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager appliance to forward cfapi or system logs, and events to the vRealize Log Insight instance. To use the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager content pack dashboards and widgets, the configuration should be done on cfapi only.
Verify that you already have the vRealize Log Insight server details before you set the properties of the Log Insight agent.
- Log in to the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager virtual appliance.
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vRSLCMIP/vrlcm and log in with your user credentials.
- Click to Lifecycle Operations and from the Home page, click .
- Update the following parameters in the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager UI section and save your changes.
[server] hostname= vRealize Log Insight hostname proto=cfapi port=9000 SSL=no
When vRealize Log Insight Server is not configured to accept an SSL connection, enabling SSL for Log Insight Agents in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is optional.
hostname=vRealize Log Insight hostname proto=cfapi port=9543 SSL=yes
When vRealize Log Insight Server is configured to accept an SSL connection, Log Insight Agents must be configured to use the SSL connection in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
hostname=vRealize Log Insight hostname proto=syslog port=514 SSL Server Certificates
Set the rules for how the Log Insight client handles the validation of the Log Insight server certificate. Certificates received by the Log Insight agent are stored locally on the agent host machine.
Accept Any Accept Any Trusted Common Name: (Self-signed server certificate is accepted if its Common Name matches this value) Certificates acceptance rules:Note: Log Insight agents that receive a new self-signed certificate with the same public key as the existing locally stored self-signed certificate will accept the new certificate. For instance, a self-signed certificate may be regenerated with an existing private key but with a new expiration date.
If the Agent has a locally stored self-signed certificate and receives a valid CA-signed certificate, the Agent silently accepts the CA-signed certificate.
Agents that have a CA-signed certificate will reject self-signed certificates. The agent accepts self-signed certificates only when it initially connects to the Log Insight server.
If an agent with a locally stored CA-signed certificate receives a valid certificate signed by another trusted CA, it is rejected by default. You can select Accept Any Trusted to accept the certificate.
Reconnection Time: 30 min (Time in minutes to force reconnection to the server. This option mitigates the imbalances caused by long-lived TCP connections).
Max Buffer Size: 200 (Max local storage usage limit(data+logs) in MBs. Valid range: 100-2000 MB. Default: 200 MB).
- Configure the Linux Agent Group on the Log Insight Administration UI .
- Open a Web browser and go to https://vRealize Log Insight hostname/IP.
- Log in with the credentials - Setting Value User name as admin and Password as vrli_admin_password.
- Click the configuration drop-down menu icon and select Administration.
Note: The content pack is not pre-installed in vRealize Log Insight. You must install the pack by downloading it from the marketplace and then configure the agents.
- Under Management, click Agents.
- From the drop-down menu on the top, select vRealize Lifecycle Management 8.0.1 from the Available Templates section.
- Click Copy Template.
- After copying the template provide vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Ipv4 or FQDN, and save the configuration.
- Once the configuration is complete, the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager events or logs start to flow into vRealize Log Insight and the relevant widgets displays the data.