In Connector migration, the Windows connector for VMware Identity Manager is installed on a Windows box, by providing the configuration file which is generated from an external or embedded Linux connector. This is supported for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.2 Patch 1 and later releases.
After the external or embedded Linux connector is migrated, the Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) and LDAP directories on the Linux connector are migrated to Windows. In VMware Identity Manager version 3.3.2 and earlier releases, the active directories were supported on both external and embedded Linux connectors and external Windows connectors. Starting with VMware Identity Manager version 3.3.3, IWA active directories are supported only on external Windows connectors.
- The supported JRE version is between 8 update 181 to 8 update 251.
- The supported .NET framework version is 4.6.0.
- The supported Windows Server versions are 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019.
- A unique Windows system is required for the migration and it must be connected to a domain server.
- On the Lifecycle Operations page, click Manage Environment.
- Navigate to the Global Environment instance.
- Click .
- Select the check box and proceed to Upgrade.
- In the Select Version tab, select the Repository Type, Product Version, and the Repository URL.
- To specify the connector migration, enter the Target Windows Connector details in the Migrate Linux Connector to Windows Connection section.
Note: The Source Connector details for Embedded Connector Type are populated from VMware Identity Manager. You must enter only the Linux Connector SSH passwords for the External Connector Type.
- Enter the target Windows FQDN and Windows Domain User.
- Select the Windows Domain Password.
- Select the Windows VM Center.
- Click and then RUN PREHECK.
If the validations are not successful and you want to make changes, and then resume the upgrade VMware Identity Manager operation, click SAVE AND EXIT.
- If the validations are successful, click Next.
- In the Upgrade Summary page, you can verify the details, and then click Submit.