You can install a new instance of vRealize Identity Manager or import an existing instance when you are configuring the vRealize Easy Installer.
Verify that you have a static IP address before you begin your configuration.
- To install a new instance, select Install new vIDM.
- Enter the required text boxes under Virtual Machine Name, IP Address, Hostname, and Default Configuration Admin.
The vRealize Easy Installer creates the Default Configuration Admin user as a local user in vRealize Identity Manager and the same user is used to integrate products with vRealize Identity Manager.
- To import an existing instance, select Import Existing vIDM.
- Enter the Hostname, Admin Password, System Admin Password, SSH User Password, Root Password, Default Configuration Admin, and Default Configuration Password.
- Select the Sync group members to the Directory when user want to sync group member while adding a group for the global configuration of vRealize Identity Manager.
With vRealize Easy Installer 8.3 vRealize Identity Manager supported version Description New installation of vRealize Suite Lifecyle Manager
Import vRealize Suite Lifecyle Manager
3.3.1, 3.3.2, or 3.3.4
Deploy vRealize Automation
If you import vRealize Identity Manager 3.3.1 and install vRealize Automation 8.2 or above, the installation fails.Note: vRealize Identity Manager will be supported if the scenarios are one of the following:
Note: vRealize Identity Manager will not be supported if the scenarios are one of the following:
- Single or cluster instance with embedded Postgres database.
- vRealize Identity Manager 3.3.2 and 3.3.3 with the given deployment type.
- Single or cluster instance having external Database (Postgres/MSSQL and so on).
- Single or cluster instance with additional connectors (Windows and external connectors) other than the embedded ones.
- Earlier versions of vRealize Identity Manager. (3.3.0 and earlier version)
If the older version of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager does not have vRealize Identity Manager, it can either be installed or imported.vRealize Identity Manager Lifecycle and extended day-2 functionalities are not supported from the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager if the imported vRealize Identity Manager not in supported form factor:
Upgrade support from an older vRealize Identity Manager version (3.3.0 and earlier) to the latest is only available if it is a single instance or a node vRealize Identity Manager with embedded postgres database.
Else you can upgrade outside vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager . Once upgraded, it can any time be reimported by triggering Inventory Sync in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager .
- Click Next.
If you cannot deploy vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager vRealize Identity Manager or vRealize Automation in VMC vCenter Server using vRealize Easy Installer, then use the vCenter Server that has an administrator privilege to deploy products.