The vRealize Easy Installer is downloadable from the My VMware download page.
- Download the vRealize Easy Installer executable file from the My VMware download page.
- After you download the file, mount the vra-lcm-installer.iso file.
- Browse to the folder vrlcm-ui-installer inside the CD-ROM.
- The folder contains three subfolders for three operating systems. Based on your operating system, browse to the corresponding operating system folder inside the vrlcm-ui-installer folder.
- Click the installer file in the folder.
Operating System File Path Windows lcm-installer\vrlcm-ui-installer\win32 Linux
- Log in to Linux VM.
- Run apt-get install p7zip-full.
- Run 7z x vra-lcm-installer.iso.
- Run chmod +x vrlcm-ui-installer/lin64/installer
- Run apt install libnss3 (required only if the libnss3 component is not installed.)
- Run vrlcm-ui-installer/lin64/installer.
The vRealize Easy Installer UI is specific to the operating system. Ensure that you are using the valid UI folder path to run the installer.
If the Easy Installer fails to launch, and you see this error message "A problem occurred during installation.Check the installer logs and retry", it is because:
- A host rebooted during installation. Select the Host to return to a healthy state.
- The datastore was 100% full during installation. Clear the datastore memory and retry launching the Easy Installer.
- The Easy Installer could not connect to the ESXI host. Add target vCenter Server and all cluster associated ESXI servers DNS FQDN entries to the system host's file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. For Linux and Mac, /etc/hosts.