The vRealize Easy Installer provides you with a functionality to install vRealize Automation with minimum steps.
The installer provides you with minimal or a clustered deployment options before you start your vRealize Automation configuration. Manual installation of vRealize Automation through OVA or ISO is not supported.
Note: The master node is now referred to as the primary node. The master replica node is now referred to as the primary replica node.
- Verify that you have the primary vRealize Automation credentials before installing vRealize Automation. vRealize Automation 8.3 requires an external VMware Identity Manager 3.3.2 or later.
- Verify that an external load balancer is installed and the requirements are met. For more information, see vRealize Automation Load Balancing.
- Enter the vRealize Automation Environment Name.
- Under vRealize Automation license, enter the License Key.
- After configuring your VMware Identity Manager settings, you can opt to install vRealize Automation.
- For a standard deployment with a primary node, perform the following steps.
- Enter the Virtual Machine Name, IP Address, and FQDN Hostname of vRealize Automation.
- Provide configuration information. Enter the Data Center Name, vCenter Name and Increase the Disk Space fields. For more information, refer to the Easy Installer documentation.
- Enable or disable the FIPS Mode Compliance, as required.
- Skip to Step 6.
- For a cluster deployment with three nodes, enter the Load Balancer IP address and Hostname.
- For a cluster deployment, create a primary node by using step 4 as a guideline.
- For a cluster deployment, create secondary nodes, enter the required text boxes, and proceed.
- Under Advanced Configuration for vRealize Automation, you can either choose the Use Default option to enable the default values for internal pods and services configuration in CIDR format, or use the Use Custom option to enter the values for K8S Cluster IP Range and K8S Service IP Range in CIDR format.
- Click Next.
- Read the Summary page with the entered data and click Submit.
After submitting your details, the installer takes about 30 minutes to install the Lifecycle Manager, copy binaries and then start the installation process. You can enable the multi-tenancy for vRealize Automation, refer to Tenant Management in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.