You can map a user role against users and groups present in VMware Identity Manager. On the User Management page, the user or a group can be selected and a mapping can be edited. You can delete a role mapping, if necessary. If a group is assigned a role, and if you are a part of the group, and you log in to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, you can take the same roles that that group. If you have individual mapping, then it can be consolidation of user role and the roles assigned towards the group.
Verify if you have any of the user groups for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
|Role||Role Description||Add User/ Groups URL|
|LCM Cloud Admin||Cloud administrator for vRealize Suite Lifecycle Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Content Release Manager||Content Release Manageremail@example.com|
|Content Developer||Content Developerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Certificate Administrator||Developer for performing certificate email@example.com|
- Click Identity and Tenant Management on the My Services dashboard.
- On the left side, navigate and click User Management.
- To add a user or a group, click +ADD USER/GROUP.
- To select a user from the populated list in the table, enter an existing user or a group and click Next.
If a user or a group already has a mapping, then a warning appears and you are then asked to edit the role mapping rather create again.
- Select a role for the newly created user and click Next.
- Read the summary and click Submit.