Starting with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.2, the Locker application helps you to manage vRealize Cloud licenses for your vRealize Cloud Subscription and collect your daily data usage for the associated products and cloud services.
When you purchase vRealize Cloud Subscription, you receive access to vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager, which is a new complimentary utility service. With vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager, you can add endpoints and monitor the data usage for your vRealize Cloud Subscription services. You must create vRealize Cloud licenses at the locker level in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, and then connect these licenses to vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager to monitor your cloud data usage. For more information on vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager, refer to the vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager documentation.
Verify if you have registered with My VMware to access licenses.
- If you do not have My VMware account, navigate to the Lifecycle Operations dashboard, and then click Settings.
- Click My VMware and add a vRealize Cloud account.
- After your My VMware accounts are configured, then the corresponding license keys are synced.
- From the Lifecycle Operations dashboard, click Locker.
- Click the License icon.
- The vRealize Cloud licenses are created under My VMware account and are displayed as vRealizeFlex license type in the Licenses table.
- To sync licenses from My VMware account, click Retrieve Licenses.
- To connect a license to vRealize Cloud Subscription, select a license which is displayed in the License table, and then right-click the vertical ellipses.
- Click Connect License.
- Under API Token, generate an API token from your user account for vRealize Cloud Subscription, and then click Next.
- Under Match License Key, the vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager finds a correct match for the provided API token, and lists out the organization details.
- Under Report Frequency, you will receive a confirmation that you are connected to vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager, and your data usage is reported to vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager twice a day.
- Click Finish.
- To disconnect a license in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, right-click the vertical ellipses, and then click Disconnect License.
- To trigger the license usage for a product, select a license from the License table, and then right-click the vertical ellipses.
- Click Sync Usage.
- You can download the usage sync report to view the data usage for the products.
- To view the data consumption report, select a license, and then right-click the vertical ellipses.
- Click Generate Report.
- To view a graphical representation of the report, click GENERATE in the Generate Report page.
- To download the report for a maximum period of 120 days, click DOWNLOAD.
- To track your data usage for a product, right-click the vertical ellipses for a selected license, and then click Import Allocation. The Import Allocation is a unique license metadata file which helps you to view the details of data usage for an associated product in the License Details page.