Locker is an application like Lifecycle Manager which helps to manage the Certificate, Passwords, and Licenses from single pane. You can configure licenses at the locker level.
Verify that a license is already available.
- Navigate to the Lifecycle Operations dashboard, click Locker.
- On the left, click the License icon.
- To add a license, click ADD.
- Enter the alias in the License Alias text box.
- Enter the License Key and click Validate.
- After you validate the accuracy of the license, click Add.
- To replace an existing license, click any license from the license table.
- Click the vertical ellipses and click Replace.
- Read the current license summary and click Next.
- Select an environment from the references table and click Next.
- Select a license from the drop-down menu and click Finish.
- To delete a license, click the vertical ellipses and click Delete.
- If the Lifecycle Manager is having one or more My VMware accounts configured, then the corresponding license keys are automatically synced. To sync licenses from My VMware account, click REFRESH. However, if you have manually added the same license key to the locker then the corresponding entry from My VMware account cannot be captured.
- When any product is imported into vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the license keys present in the product is also captured and stored in the Locker under Licenses. If the same license key is already present, then it cannot be imported.
- License keys can be applied to products managed by vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager from under Lifecycle Operations. Select a product from any Lifecycle Operations managed environment, click the horizontal ellipses on the product name and select Add License, and follow the steps.
- If any product is associated to a license in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager then the license entry cannot be deleted from the locker.
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager does not restrict applying multiple licenses to any product, however, the product behavior does allow to set only one license key as active at anytime.
- License deletion from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager locker does not remove the license key from the product itself.