Upgrade support from earlier versions of VMware Identity Manager to the latest is only available if they conform to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager supported form-factor. Otherwise, the upgrade has to be performed outside vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. After upgrade, it can anytime be reimported by triggering Inventory Sync in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. For more information, see Installing vRealize Automation with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Easy Installer for vRealize Automation and VMware Identity Manager.
- To know more about VMware Identity Manager version 3.3.4 that is available for upgrade, see VMware Identity Manager release notes.
- VMware Identity Manager version 3.3.4 is backward compatible with Windows connectors of previous versions.
- Verify that you have taken a snapshot of VMware Identity Manager nodes.
- Verify that you have your product binaries mapped. For more information, see Configure Product Binaries.
- For a clustered VMware Identity Manager upgrade, ensure to disable all the stand-by nodes in the load-balancer so that the traffic is not routed to the stand-by nodes and enable them back once the upgrade is completed.
- On the Lifecycle Operations page, click Manage Environment.
- Navigate to the Global Environment instance.
- Click .
- Under the Product details section, you can select the following repository type.
Option Description Repository URL When you select this option, you can manually add the local upgrade file location in the Lifecycle virtual appliance. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Repository When you select this option, you can enter the upgrade path available after mapping the binaries through vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.Note: For VMware Identity Manager version 3.3.4, the only option available is vRealize Suite Lifecycle Repository The other options, Repository URL and VMware Repository are not available. VMware Repository Select this option and select the version. The upgrade is performed using the online source.
- Click and run the pre-check.
- Click Submit.