You can select a Product Binary to use each vRealize Suite product.
You can download binaries outside of Lifecycle Manager and make them available on the NFS path.
To use a Product Binary downloaded from My VMware, verify that you have registered with My VMware and registered My VMware services with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. See Register with My VMware.
- From the My services, navigate to Lifecycle Operations.
- Click Settings and navigate to .
- Click Add Binaries.
- Select the Location type.
Note: The automatic product OVA mappings are mapped based on the check sum of the binary files. When you select all the OVA files in the NFS share and try to map the product binaries, then it takes long time to map and the data disk might fill faster. For more information, see KB article 56362. NFS represents the local where the OVA files are copied in the NFS shared drive, user should provide the NFS location in the format, NFS-IP: <nfs hostname/ip>:<folder path>/x/y/z.For example, 10.11.12.134:/path/to/folder.
- Local - You can map the binaries to the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager locally downloaded copy.
- NFS - You can map to a downloaded product binary with products dependent on the product binary location.
- My VMware Downloads - You can map to product binary downloaded from My VMware.
- Windows ISO - You can map ISO binary which is required for Windows deployment from Lifecycle Manager.
- Enter the location of the Product Binary to use in the Base Location text box, and click Discover.
- To provide Windows ISO, select the location type as Windows ISO and enter the Windows ISO Mapping Details.
- Select the Product Binary file from the Product Binary list.
Note: By default, all the My VMware downloads from vRealize Suite are automatically mapped with no user intervention. If you have already downloaded the product binaries using vRealize Suite My VMware integration but the mapping does not exist in the list under Product Binary then you can select My VMware Downloads option under Add Product Binaries window. To manually copy the OVA files from the vRealize Suite virtual appliance, you can select Local option from the Add Product Binaries window and provide the location that is residing within vRealize Suite appliance itself. For either of the scenarios, when you click Discover, the relevant binaries is listed in the table within the window.
- Click Add.
- With vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 2.0 and later, you can also view the list of Patches available for Products.
Note: You can now delete the unsupported product binaries which are not in use. To delete the binaries, click Delete Unsupported Binaries, select the binaries, and then click Delete All.
- Click Check Patches Online.
- To upload patches, click UPLOAD.