You can use vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to upgrade vRealize Suite product installations.
When a deployment request is saved in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 1.1 and the same request is resumed after upgrading vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to 1.2, vRealize Automation 7.3 products details page items does not load. For more information, see KB article 56369. When a vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager upgrade is triggered, the screen stays at Maintenance mode and Home page never comes up. After an upgrade, there can be some errors in the content from the marketplace. The content might contain few request that prevents the service to start. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager UI displays a maintenance mode message and the Home page is not displayed. In this scenario, restart the xenon server. If the issue still persists, delete the error request and restart xenon. To upgrade to vRealize Automation 8.x, see Upgrade vRealize Automation 8.x with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
Verify that the vRealize Suite product to upgrade is part of a vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager private cloud environment, and take a snapshot of the product that you can revert to in the event that something goes wrong with the upgrade. See Create a Product Snapshot.
If you are upgrading vRealize Automation 7.x, ensure that the following additional prerequisites are met:
- The vRealize Automation management agent and all IaaS Windows nodes are running.
- The second member in the vRealize Automation load balancer is disabled.
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager should be upgraded to latest.
- VMware Identity Manager should be upgraded to 3.3.2 or later.
- The vRealize Automation services should be running.
- Click Manage Environments.
- Click VIEW DETAILS for the environment the product to upgrade is part of.
- Click the ellipses (...) icon next to the name of the product to upgrade and select Upgrade from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a product version to upgrade to.
- If you are upgrading vRealize Automation or vRealize Business for Cloud, choose whether to upgrade from the Default repository, the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Repository, or a manually-entered Repository URL.
- If you are upgrading vRealize Log Insight or vRealize Operations Manager, choose whether to upgrade from the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Repository, or a manually-entered Repository URL.
- Click Upgrade.
If you have upgraded a vRealize Suite product outside of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, then vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager will not reflect the latest product version or the latest data of the upgraded product. At such instances you have to delete the vRealize Suite product (the product which is already upgraded to the newer version outside vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager) from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager only, and then re-import the same product again so that vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager will fetch the latest state of the given product along with its newer version.
What to do next
You can view the progress of the upgrade on the Requests tab.