vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.4 | 03 May 2021 | Build 17891079
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover these following topics:
- About vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.4
- What's New
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
About vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.4
VMware vRealize® Suite is the complete cloud management solution, delivering and managing infrastructure and applications quickly while maintaining IT control. It provides a comprehensive management stack for IT services on vSphere and other hypervisors, physical infrastructure, and multiple public clouds.
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager automates installation, configuration, upgrade, patch, configuration management, and health from within a single pane of glass. This provides the IT Managers or Cloud admin resources to focus on business-critical initiatives, while improving time to value (TTV), reliability and consistency.
You can migrate from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 2.x versions to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.4. You can upgrade from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0.1/8.1 to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.4. To know more, click here. Install VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager to simplify your deployment and on-going management of the vRealize products.
You can now provide customer feedback directly to the engineering and product development teams to address product improvement opportunities.
- VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.4.0 Easy Installer support
- vRealize Automation Salt Stack Config Standalone support
- VMware Identity Manager (also known as Workspace ONE) enhancements
- Content Management enhancements
- Automation-PropertyGroup content type support
- Embedded vRealize Orchestrator support for vRealize Automation Cloud
- VMware Identity Manager users can capture or release vRealize Operations Manager dashboards
- If the source vRealize Automation versions are one of 8.0.0 GA or 8.0.1 GA, ensure that the KB 78235 is applied before upgrade to restore expired root accounts.
- While configuring multi-tenancy in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager for VMware Identity Manager and vRealize Automation, replacement of VMware Identity Manager certificate can cause a service downtime on products integrated with VMware Identity Manager. Therefore, it is recommended to create SAN certificates with all required hostnames for multi-tenancy. The other option to avoid service disruption is to use wildcard certificates on VMware Identity Manager.
- To reboot VMware Identity Manager cluster setup, use the Power On and Power Off options in the VMware Identity Manager product actions in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
- vRealize Automation SaltStack Config cannot be downloaded from My VMware in the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Settings> Binary Mapping> Product Binaries page as the vRealize Automation SaltStack Config product binary is not available in the vRealize Suite download page.
For more details and the workaround, refer to KB 82543.
- If a custom form is released without a blueprint at the target vRealize Automation, even though the release is successful on vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the custom form will not be visible at the target vRealize Automation instance
To release a custom form you must ensure the associated composite blueprint is released or created first on the target vRealize Automation.
- Content source on vRealize Automation 8.x endpoint
When releasing a blueprint on vRealize Automation 8.x, you must create the content source on the target vRealize Automation 8.x prior to the release.
- vRealize Automation 8.x content types
The vRealize Automation 8.x content types which are renamed must be re-captured from the vRealize Automation endpoints, and then checked in to the source control endpoints. If the content is present in the source control, then you must manually rename the folder in the source control endpoints, and then check-out the content from the source control endpoints.
- Content Migration from 1.3, 2.0 and 2.1 is not supported in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0.1 and higher. For more information, see Content Management.
- Support of content from an earlier version to the latest depends on the product capabilities.
You can capture content from vRealize Automation 7.5 and release to vRealize Automation 7.6. However, if vRealize Automation 7.6 does not support contents captured from older version, it would not work in Lifecycle Manager as well.
- vRealize Orchestrator package can scale up to 1000 elements in a package.
- Snapshot for VMs remain in the "In-progress" state in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Snapshot for VMs that have device back up are not supported and remain in the "In-progress" state in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager. You cannot take a snapshot of VMs that have a device back up in vCenter. vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager also supports taking snapshots of VMs. However, the vCenter server also supports taking device back up. For such VMs, vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager snapshot requests would remain In Progress.
- vRealize Operations upgrade failed at application upgrade task after completing the OS upgrade task and the cluster does not come online
When Cassandra fails in one of the vRealize Operations nodes, this causes the vRealize Operations cluster to not come online.
- Multicapture of vSphere Template Fails with an Error Message
The content, capture, test, or release pipelines fails with a timeout error. This issue occurs when the respective stage exceeds the default timeout values, that is set for each pipeline.
- vRealize Suite Product Vertical Scale Up Fails for Node
When scaling up your vRealize Suite product, you may receive the following error message:
Cannot complete the operation because the file or folder [ISCSI-15TB-02] Nightly-MHA-vROPS-RC/Nightly-MHA-vROPS-RC_3.vmdk already exists
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Upgrade Stops Responding When Downloading Packages
When upgrading earlier versions of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, the system upgrade stops responding, and the packages cannot be downloaded.
You can perform one of the following steps:
- Revert snapshot, and then retry the upgrade.
- Remove the upgradeprogress file, and then retry the upgrade.
For more details, refer to KB 81402.
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager user interface not accessible post upgrade
When upgrading vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, if VMware Identity Manager API does not respond, the upgrade fails with the following error:
SYSOUT/SYSERR CAPTURED: -- org.springframework.web.client. ResourceAccessException: I/O error on GET request for "https://[vIDM hostname]/SAAS/API/1.0/REST/auth/token": Connection reset; nested exception is java.net.SocketException: Connection reset”. This can be verified by looking at logs available under /var/log/vmware_vrlcm.log.
- Revert snapshot.
- Ensure that VMware Identity Manager responds through vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager and the VMware Identity Manager inventory sync is successful, prior to an upgrade.
- Compatibility version check takes longer time for content from source control
When performing tests from source control, such as apture+test, capture+deploy, capture+test+deploy or when releasing the content using multi-release or multiple tests functionalities, the version compatibility test using the compatibility check takes longer time when content is from source control.
Workaround: Select fewer number of content from source control when performing the deployment, which will take lesser time to provide the result of compatible tests.
- The time settings page is not enabled to make changes when you provide NTP details after deploying vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager.
On a usual scenario, when you provide the NTP details at the time of vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager deployment, the same is reflected on the time settings page. You cannot make changes to the existing NTP details as the Select button on the UI is disabled. However, you can still select Use Host Time or Add New NTP details.
- Navigate to Lifecycle Operations ->Settings -> Time Settings.
- Add at-least one NTP server in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager UI.
Once a new NTP server is added, the SELECT button is enabled and you can make the changes in NTP server for system.
- The retry inputs provided in the failed deployment request is not saved.
The retry inputs provided in the failed deployment request is not getting saved and the next task in the deployment request fails again with the old input provided during the deployment.
Workaround: Provide the retry inputs for each failed task in the deployment request or you should to re-deploy the environment with correct inputs.
- VRCS_CUSTOM tagged workflow does not appear in the post and pre stub present under the Settings page.
None of the existing workflows appears in the drop-down (tagged with the VRCS_CUSTOM ) post-selection of external vRO endpoint in the pre-post stub.
Workaround: Rename the existing tag of the workflow (VRCS_CUSTOM) in the vRO endpoint with "vRSLCM_CUSTOM". This displays all the workflow in the drop-down menu.
While migrating or upgrading content management, the source control endpoints are required to be mapped to the respective Source Control Servers again. While migrating vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 2.0 to 8.0.1 content library configuration in the vSphere setting page will not appear.
- Edit the required source control endpoint in the migrated or updated setup. Against the source control server, select the server from the drop-down menu which maps to this endpoint.
- Similarly, if you are migrating from vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 2.0 to 8.0.1, reselect the content library from vSphere setting page within the Lifecycle Manager Environment.
- When there are multiple vRealize Automation products selected during the tenant creation, if there is a failure in the tenant association with a particular vRealize Automation instance, then you cannot manage the entire tenant.
Tenant in the Tenant Management page cannot be used when the tenant is created in VMware Identity Manager but failed in vRealize Automation, and the same tenant cannot be used for other configurations.
Perform one of the following workarounds:
- Retry the failed tenant creation request after fixing the tenant creation failure.
- Skip the tenant creation for specific vRealize Automation, in the retry request.
Retry for all products specified in the tenant creation request until the tenant creation request is successful. Once the create tenant request is successful, you can click the tenant in the Tenant Management page and perform further operations.
- While replacing VMware Identity Manager certificate after the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager upgrade to 8.1 or above, the product associations does not list all products.
While replacing VMware Identity Manager certificate after vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager upgrade to 8.1 or above, the product associations does not list all products present in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager that are integrated with VMware Identity Manager.
After the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager upgrade to 8.1 or above, run the inventory sync of the products that are integrated with VMware Identity Manager, and then try replacing the certificate in VMware Identity Manager to reflect all the product associations listed in Replace Certificate wizard.
- The vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager UI crashes when navigating to certain pages.
The vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager UI crashes or does not reflect specific operations when navigating to certain pages. It displays an unexpected error message to check connectivity to the server and try again.
Perform one of the following workarounds:
- Clear the browser cache.
- Open the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager UI in an incognito mode to reset the browser cache.