The VMware vRealize® True Visibility™ Management Pack for Apache Tomcat is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance data from your Apache Tomcat application server environment and providing predictive analysis and real-time information about problems in your infrastructure—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
How the Management Pack Collects Data
During each data collection cycle, the Management Pack opens a JMX service connection to obtain data regarding Tomcat resources.
The Management Pack harnesses powerful vRealize Operations features such as:
- 4 comprehensive monitoring dashboards, including:
- Apache Tomcat Overview
- Apache Tomcat Environment Overview
- Apache Tomcat Server
- Apache Tomcat Virtual Machine Viewer
- 200+ collected metrics for Apache Tomcat resources
- Key performance metricssuch as average response time, active connection count, wait count, percent in use, and active sessions
- Detailed alerts when symptoms arise for high servlet load time, datasource/session manager active sessions, cache hit count, and more
- vRealize CalculatedMemory, Cache, Threading, and Session Manager capacity definitions for Apache Tomcat resources
|3.0.0||October 6, 2020||
Initial Release for VMware vRealize® True Visibility™
Known Issues / Limitations
The following known issues/limitations exist for the currently-released version of the Management Pack:
- In order to create external relationships to Virtual Machines, the VMs must have the same hostname as your host server. DNS aliasing is not supported.