An SSL certificate for your Apache Tomcat host server must be added to the vROps truststore to prevent an Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Apache Tomcat) during configuration as well as help provide an added level of security.
To add the SSL certificate to the vROps truststore:
- Obtain the SSL certificate for your Apache Tomcat host server from your Internet browser. Export the certificate as an X.509 Certificate (PEM).
- Copy the certificate to your vROps machine.
Use ‘ssh’ to log in to the vROps machine as the root user, then run the following command:
$VCOPS_BASE/jre/bin/keytool -import -alias <product_alias> /tmp/<certfile> -keystore “$VCOPS_DATA_VCOPS/user/conf/ssl/tcserver.truststore” -storepass <truststore_password> -trustcacerts
%VCOPS_BASE%\jre\bin\keytool -import -alias <product_alias> C:\path\to\certfile -keystore “%VCOPS_DATA_VCOPS%\user\conf\ssl\tcserver.truststore” -storepass <truststore_password> -trustcacertsNOTE:
- -alias is a unique name for each key that you add (per host)
- certfile is the location where the cert file was saved
- Run the reboot command to re-start the vROps machine for the changes to take effect.