This topic explains how the Management Pack for Arista EOS works and how to get started using it.
How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for Arista EOS makes requests via HTTP on the EOS Command API and imports critical monitoring data such as resources, relationships, and metrics into vRealize Operations Manager.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring Arista EOS from within vRealize Operations, see the following topics:
- Review the System Requirements (Arista EOS) and have the following information available:
- The hostname and port of your Arista EOS setup
- LPU credentials for your setup (see: Configuring the Least Privileged User (LPU) (Arista EOS))
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (Arista EOS).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (Arista EOS). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Arista EOS).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (Arista EOS).