The VMware vRealize® True Visibility™ Management Pack for Cisco UCS is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance data from your Cisco UCS systems and providing predictive analysis and real-time information about problems in your infrastructure—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
How the Management Pack Collects Data
During each data collection cycle, the Management Pack opens aconnection to Cisco UCS Central or Cisco UCS Manager to obtain data regarding UCS resources.
The Management Pack harnesses powerful vRealize Operations features such as:
- 5 comprehensive monitoring dashboards:
- Cisco UCS Overview
- Cisco UCS Health Investigation
- Cisco UCS Chassis Overview
- Cisco UCS Servers and Fabrics
- Cisco UCS Virtual Machines
- 1000+ collected metrics for Cisco UCS resources
- 200+ detailed alerts and recommendations imported from the Cisco UCS API
- Key performance metricssuch as total sent/received throughput, memory usage, and ambient, memory unit, and processor unit temperature.
- Relationships to VMware Hypervisors hosted on Cisco UCS Blade or Rack Servers
- vRealize Calculated Slotcapacity for Cisco UCS Chassis
|5.0.0||October 6, 2020||Initial General Availability release for VMware vRealize® True Visibility™|
The following known issues/limitations exist for the currently-released version of the Management Pack:
- Management Pack Dashboards assume that resources are not collapsed. If resources are collapsed, any widgets that reference the collapsed objects will not display data. See: Disabling or Collapsing Resources (Cisco UCS).