When upgrading to a newer version of the Management Pack, we recommend the following tasks.
Delete existing XenDesktop dashboards
If you do not remove the dashboards from a previous version of the Management Pack before installing the new version, you will see duplicate XenDesktop dashboards in the Dashboard List drop-down menu after upgrading.
To remove existing Management Pack dashboards:
- Navigate to Dashboards > Actions > Manage Dashboards.
- Enter XenDesktop in the search field on the right.
- Multi-select all Citrix XenDesktop dashboards.
- Click Delete Dashboard .
- Click Yes when the confirmation dialog box appears to delete the selected dashboards.
Delete existing adapter instance(s) and objects
You must also remove previous adapter instance(s) and their related objects, as the old instance(s) will not collect data and creating new instances makes new related objects instead of using existing objects.
After deleting existing dashboards and installing the new version of the Management Pack, remove the previous adapter instance(s) and their related objects, then configure the new adapter instance(s).
To remove existing Management Pack adapter instance(s) and objects:
- Click the Administration icon. The Solutions view should automatically open.
- Select Citrix XenDesktop from the Solutions list.
- Click the Configure icon . The Manage Solution window will appear.
- Select an instance from the list on the left, then click the Delete icon.
- Select the Remove related objects checkbox in the dialog that appears, then click Yes.