The VMware vRealize® True Visibility™ Management Pack for Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance data from your Citrix VDI environment and providing predictive analysis and real-time information about problems in your infrastructure--all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
How the Management Pack Collects Data
During each data collection cycle, the Management Pack queries the OpenData (OData) API via a Site's Delivery Controller domain to obtain data regarding XenDesktop resources.
The Management Pack harnesses powerful vRealize Operations features such as:
- 10 comprehensive monitoring dashboards, including:
- Citrix XenDesktop Health Investigation
- Citrix XenDesktop App and Desktop Details
- Citrix XenDesktop User Details
- 700+ collected metrics for XenDesktop resources
- Key performance metrics such as load index summaries, connection summaries, connection failures, resource counts, and session logon durations
- 150+ detailed alerts and notifications
- Capacity definitions for vRealize Calculated session capacity and effective load index for XenDesktop Catalog, Delivery Group, Hypervisor, Site, and VDA Machine
|4.0.0||October 6, 2020||Initial Genereal Availability release for VMware vRealize® True Visibility™|
The following known issues/limitations exist for the currently-released version of the Management Pack:
Load Index Metrics
If you are not using Citrix NetScaler, you will see some Network widgets/metrics being reported as “0” or “?”. This is expected behavior. Similar behavior will occur for CPU, Memory, and Disk metrics if the correct policies are not configured in Citrix Studio.
Session Latency Metrics
The Management Pack collects session latency metrics only for Windows-based Citrix VDAs. To collect session latency metrics and establish a MS SQL Server relationship, see: Session Latency Metrics Requirements (Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops).