Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select Cohesity from the Solutions list on the right.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Namelist on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Instance Settings:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the Management Pack.
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe multiple instances of the Management Pack.
- Basic Settings:
- Host:Hostname (or IPv4 address) of the Cohesity storage system.
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (Cohesity).
- Advanced Settings:
- Collector(s)/Groups: Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
- SSL Config: Default setting is No Verify (SSL enabled/all certificates accepted); alternative option is Verify (SSL enabled/certificate must be verified). See: Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (Cohesity).
Port: Default port is 443.
- Connection Tiimeout (Seconds):Specify the amount of time to wait before closing a connection to the host if a response has not yet been received. Default value is 10 seconds.
- Max Events: Specify the maximum number of events to return per collection. (Keep in mind that vROps can be overloaded by too many events being brought into vROps.) Default value is 1000 events.
- Event Severity:Specify the lowest event severity level you want brought into vROps. Any events at the selected level or above will be returned. Options are: Audit, Info, Warning, and Critical.
Support Autodiscovery: When you enable autodiscovery (default), the Management Pack creates resources and relationships in vROps, then collects data for the discovered resources after the main collection query runs. This should not be set to false.
- Instance Settings:
What to do next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (Cohesity).