The VMware vRealize® True Visibility™ Management Pack for Dell EMC Isilon is an embedded adapter for vRealize Operations (vROps), collecting performance, health, and availability data from your Dell EMC Isilon clustered network area storage (NAS) and providing predictive analytics and real-time monitoring information—all within the vRealize Operations user interface.
The Management Pack for Dell EMC Isilon provides the following notable features:
- 3comprehensive monitoring dashboards:
- Dell EMC Isilon Overview – Get a bird's-eye view of the throughput KPIs and available vs. used disk space for your Isilon clusters, nodes, and interfaces
- Dell EMC Isilon Health Investigation – Drill down and quickly troubleshoot your Isilon resources using health status, active alerts, and metrics
- Dell EMC Isilon Performance – Gauge cluster and node performance via protocol throughput
- 200+ collected metrics for Dell EMC Isilon resources, including key metrics like Quota Usage Percentage, Average Disk Busy, and Total Connected Clients
- 250+ detailed alerts and notifications for events like SmartPool Over Capacity and Node IFS Filesystem Damage Detected
vRealize Calculated IFS, SSD, Memory, and Disk Capacities – Predict when your Isilon storage system needs scaling
VMware Datastore to Isilon NFS relationships – View the underlying Isilon storage infrastructure as it relates to your virtualized datastores
|3.0.0||October 6, 2020||Initial General Availability release for VMware vRealize® True Visibility™|
The following known issues/limitations exist for the currently-released version of the Management Pack:
Data values may appear slightly differently in vROps vs. the Isilon OneFS UI. This difference is due to Isilon converting its byte units to Kibi/Mebi/Gibi bytes (1024), while vROps converts its bytes units to Kilo/Mega/Giga (1000).
- Due to known issues with Isilon, Active Directory authentication is only available on OneFS 8.1+.