Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Other Accounts view will be displayed.
- Select Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise from the Solutions list on the right.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Namelist on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the New Account window, enter the following information:
- Instance Settings:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the Management Pack
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe an individual instance if you have multiple instances of the Management Pack
- Basic Settings:
- Host: Hostname (or IPv4/IPv6 address) of the Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise system
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise)
- Collectors/Groups: automatically selected
- Advanced Settings:
- SSL Configuration default is verify
- Port: Default port is443
- Connection Timeout (seconds): Specify the amount of time to wait to close a connection to the host if a response has not yet been received. Default value is 120000 milliseconds.
- Event Severity default is Warning. Event Severity determines the minimum severity events to collect from OME. In order of most inclusive to least inclusive; All, Info, Normal, Warning, Critical, None.
- Collect Disks default is True
- Collect Power Devices default is True
- Filter Acknowledged Events default is False; when set to True, only events that have not been acknowledged in OME are returned to vROps.
- Support Autodiscovery default is True
- Instance Settings:
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information. If you encounter any errors, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise).
- Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise).