This topic explains how the Management Pack for Dell EMC PowerEdge works and how to get started using it.
How the Management Pack Works
The Management Pack for Dell EMC PowerEdge uses the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to access your cluster/server's Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) and imports critical monitoring data such as resources, relationships, metrics, and alerts into vRealize Operations Manager.
This management pack works in conjunction with the Management Pack for vSAN to discover and create VXRail Cluster resources. To obtain cluster resources, management pack users must also have the vSAN MP installed and configured, and if a Blade/Rack server is related to a VMWare Host system, which is related to a VMware vSAN Cluster, the cluster resource will be created.
How to Get Started
To get started monitoring VxRail and PowerEdge from within vRealize Operations, see the following topics:
- Review the System Requirements (Dell EMC PowerEdge) and have the following information available:
- Management IP for your cluster/server's iDRAC
- SNMPv2c or v3 credentials
- vSphere credentials (to create relationships to the ESXi host)
- Install the management pack. See: Installing the Management Pack (VxRail).
- Configure the management pack. See: Configuring the Management Pack (VxRail). If you encounter any Test Connection errors when configuring, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (VxRail).
- Start using the management pack. See: Using the Management Pack (VxRail).