Before you can begin using the Management Pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the Management Pack will retrieve data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select Dell EMC Unity from the Solutions list on the right.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solutionwindow will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Namelist on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In theManage Solutionwindow, enter the following information:
- Display Name: A name for this particular instance of the Management Pack.
- Description: Optional, but it can be helpful to describe multiple instances of the Management Pack.
- Basic Settings:
- Host:Enter the hostname of your Dell EMC Unity System. Supported formats include: domain name, Fully-Qualified Domain Name (FQDN), and IPv4 address.
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (Unity), or click the Add icon now to create one.
- Advanced Settings:
- Collector(s)/Groups: Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
- Port: The port for communication to the Dell EMC Unity System (default: 443)
- SSL Configuration:Options areNo Verify(default value; SSL enabled/certificate not verified), andVerify(SSL enabled/certificate verified). When you clickTest Connectionin step 5 below, you should be prompted to add an SSL certificate to the vROps truststore.
- Collect Events: Whether or not to gather events (default: True)
- Minimum Event Security: The minimum event severity to collect.
- Request Timeout: The maximum amount of time to wait for each call to the Unity server to respond, in milliseconds (default: 10000)
- Maximum Concurrent Requests: The maximum number of requests allowed at the same time (default: 4)
- Support Autodiscovery: When you enable autodiscovery (set toTrue by default), the Management Pack creates resources and relationships in vROps, then collects data for the discovered resources after the main collection query runs. Do not change this to False.
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information. If you encounter any errors, see: Troubleshooting the Management Pack (Unity)
- Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (Unity)