Once you have finishedInstalling the Management Pack (Unity) andConfiguring the Management Pack (Unity), check theCollection StateandCollection Statusfor the adapter instance on theSolutionspage. If they show asNot Collecting orNo Data Receiving, respectively, the following troubleshooting topics can help you diagnose and correct common problems with your adapter instance.
Test Connection Errors
When Creating an Adapter Instance (Unity), click Test Connection after entering all of your configuration settings to ensure vROps can connect to the specified host.
The following errors are possible:
|Ex Uno Error: property_metric_present||This appears when properties were requested but not returned. This isn't necessarily a problem because some properties might not have values depending on the system configuration.|
|Ex Uno Error: performance_metric_gathering||This appears along with
Adapter and Collector Log Files
You can review adapter errors in the adapter and collector log files, which can be viewed in the vROps UI or in an external log viewer.
- Adapter log files are located in the $VCOPS_BASE/user/log/adapters/DellEMCUnityAdapter/ folder.
- Collector log files are located in the $VCOPS_BASE/user/log/ folder.
To set the base log level for the collector in vROps:
- Navigate to Administration>Logs.
- Expand the MASTER folder, then select the COLLECTOR folder.
- Click the Edit Properties icon.
- In the Root logger level drop-down menu, select the desired option.
- The default logging level is warning.
- To troubleshoot issues, set the logging level to info.
To view detailed messages, including micro steps, queries, and returned results, set the logging level to debug.
For more information about viewing log files and modifying levels, refer to the vROps online help.