Before you can begin using the management pack, you must create an adapter instance to identify the host from which the management pack will retrieve data.
- From the top navigation bar, select Administration. In the right panel, the Solutions view will be displayed.
- Select EMC VMAX Adapter from the Solutions list on the right.
- Click the Configure icon. The Manage Solution window will appear.
Note: Click the Add icon above the Instance Namelist on the left to create multiple adapter instances.
- In the Manage Solution window, enter the following information:
- Instance Settings:
- Display Name: Enter a name for this particular instance of the management pack.
- Description: Optional field, but it can be helpful to describe multiple adapter instances of the management pack.
- Basic Settings:
Host: Enter your VMAX hostname (or IPv4 address).Note: IPv6 addresses are not supported at this time.
- Credential: Select the credential you created when Creating a Credential (VMAX).
- Advanced Settings:
- Collector: The collector you select determines which vRealize Operations Manager collector is used to manage the adapter processes. Default Collector/Group is automatically selected. Click the drop-down menu if you want to run the collection on a different node.
- Port: Enter the port to connect to (if other than default port 8443).
- Max Events: Specify the maximum number of events you want returned per collection cycle; default value is 10000.
- Symmetrix ID Whitelist: Enter a comma-separated list of Symmetrix IDs to collect from the specified host.
- SSL Trust Store Path: Optional; if left blank, all server certificates are trusted by vROps. For added security, it is recommended to enable SSL by following the instructions in Adding an SSL Certificate to the vROps Truststore (VMAX) and entering the path to the truststore here.
- Enable All SSL Ciphers: Default setting is False; if set to True, the management pack will use all SSL ciphers available to Java.
- Enable Volumes: Default setting is True; set to False to disable volumes if performance is a concern.
- Enable Front End Ports: Default setting is True; set to False to disable Front End Ports if performance is a concern.
- Enable Back End Ports: Default setting is True; set to False to disable Back End Ports if performance is a concern.
- Support Autodiscovery: Default setting is True, which enables the adapter instance to automatically create resources for you. This should never be set to False.
- Instance Settings:
- Click Test Connection to test the configured connection information.
- Click Save Settings and Close to save your adapter instance.
What to do next
- To validate data collection, see: Validating Data Collection (VMAX).